About Stanford Earth Matters magazine
Stanford Earth Matters magazine is an online resource that curates the latest knowledge and ideas for people who care about the future of Earth, its resources and its environment.
Stories draw on research and insights from faculty across Stanford University, including the School of Earth, Energy & Environmental Sciences, the Woods Institute for the Environment, the Precourt Institute for Energy, the Center for Food Security and the Environment at the Freeman Spogli Institute for International Studies, and more.
Published by the School of Earth, Energy & Environmental Sciences, Earth Matters offers expert knowledge in clear, understandable language. The portal is mobile friendly and includes rich media and video. Readers are able to dig deeper by nine categories:
- Climate Change
- Dynamic Earth
- Evolution of Earth and Life
- Food and Agriculture
- Fresh Water Resources
- Human Dimensions and Sustainability
- Natural Hazards
Readers may subscribe to a monthly e-alert that will notify them of the latest material available.
Executive Editor: Barbara Buell
Managing Editor: Josie Garthwaite
Questions? Contact email@example.com
View past issues of the Stanford Earth Matters e-letter.
- March 2018 - Tiny diamond anvils trigger chemical reactions
- February 2018 - Clues to climate in extinct lakes
- January 2018 - Insects took off when they evolved wings
- December 2017 - Vintage film provides new insights about Antarctica
- November 2017 - Puzzle at the Center of the Earth
- October 2017 - A ‘billion sensors’ earthquake observatory
- September 2017 - Supervolcanoes: A key to America’s electric future?
- July 2017 - Summer reading: Three books on sustainability and equity
- May 2017 - Frozen secrets: Geophysicist explores glaciers with radar
- April 2017 - Let's stop talking about climate change
- March 2017 - Navigating the guts of an ancient submarine canyon
- February 2017 - Measuring African farm yields from space
- January 2017 - Satellite tracks “memory” of soil moisture
- December 2016 - Syrian crisis altered region’s land and water resources
- November 2016 - How will the election affect environmental policy?
- October 2016 - Studies offer direct glimpse of Antarctic glacier melt from below
- September 2016 - Larger marine animals at higher risk of extinction, and humans are to blame
- Summer 2016 - ‘Water windfall’ hidden beneath California’s Central Valley
- May 2016 - Amazon responds quickly to extreme climate events
- April 2016 - Pursuing Sustainability
- March 2016 - Blowing Bubbles Could Help Save Coral Reefs
- February 2016 - Oxygen starved oceans and the 'Great Dying’
- January 2016 - Earth Matters
- December 2015 - Stanford Earth Matters
- November 2015 - Earth Matters
- October 2015 - The high cost of climate change