Getting Started in Earth System Science
Before you arrive
- Housing Information
- Schedule benefits session appointment
- Online Training: You must complete the following training classes (Register for those classes through STARS SUNet ID & password required):
- General Safety and Emergency Preparedness (EHS-4200) on your first day here or within 30 days of your arrival.
- Sexual Harassment Prevention (SHP-0003) within 6 months of your arrival.
- Schedule a meeting with Lisa Woodcock to submit proper payroll documents and get oriented to the the department.
- Fill out the Patent and Copyright Agreement: Stanford Form SU-18 in Axess under the "Academics" tab.
- Transportation Services: Bike, train, shuttle, bus, drive.
When you arrive
- Prepare to submit required payroll documents:
- Wireless network printer access: check with your Department staff.
- Receive building access - if you are in Y2E2 this request will go through Jonelle Whiting once you've completed EHS-4200 training (listed above).
- Set up your profile in CAP (information will feed into SE3 and ESS websites)
- INTERNATIONAL SCHOLARS: Confirm your arrival with the Bechtel International Center. This should be done no later than the 15th day after the "From" date on the DS-2019 form. Please read the "Limited Validity of the DS-2019" for more details.
- Obtain ID Card from the Stanford Card Office.
- Complete IDP within first 3 months.