How to Declare Earth Systems
Off-Campus? You can still declare!
In light of the University’s newly released policy regarding COVID-19 -- recommending the community minimize social contact -- we encourage students to utilize virtual options when seeking support to declare Earth Systems!
Please contact Deana Fabbro-Johnston or Anahid Babekian, via email or phone, and we will be happy to assist you through the declaration process!
Sign me up! I want to declare Earth Systems.
- Come in to the Earth Systems office (Y2E2 131) and talk with the Student Advisors, create a four-year-plan and get all of your questions answered.
- Talk to Student Services staff about fulfilling academic and internship requirements.
- Declare the major in Axess.
- Get your picture taken for our photo wall.
- Do I need a major advisor before declaring? No. Once you declare Earth Systems, you are assigned a "first-round" advisor from someone in our leadership team. Your first-round advisor will work with you to support selection of your Academic Advisor.
You should select your Academic Advisor for the major by Winter quarter of your junior year. Once an Academic Advisor has been secured, please notify Student Services staff to get the Advisor added to your record. Hard copies of the list are available in the Earth Systems office. Need more help? Read more about approaching a potential Academic Advisor.
I'm a junior/transfer. Can I still do Earth Systems?
YES! Some of our majors only saw the light in their junior year, several of them after transferring. It is surprising how you really can fit it all in. Don't struggle with it alone - please come in and let one of us help you plan your time.