BEAM: Negotiating Faculty Job Offers
- Tuesday, March 31, 3:00-4:30 pm
- RSVP for this information
- More Info:
- More Info and to RSVP
- Postdocs and Graduate Students
- Educational Affairs
Are you on the academic job market and preparing to negotiate the details of faculty job offers? Can you "negotiate" if you have one offer? These "negotiations" are not adversarial, but there are ways that you can prepare yourself and set the stage for your future success. We use the framing of "collaborative problem solving to help you thrive."
During this session you will:
• Learn the conventional steps of the process of negotiating the details of a faculty job offer
• Develop a confident and proactive approach
• Discuss all of the things you can ask for, including salary, teaching, and research start-up funds.
• Learn how to navigate multiple offers