BEAM PhD Pathways Panel: Freelance and Entrepeneurship Career Paths (PhD & Postdocs)
- Wednesday, August 12th 2020 12:00 pm - 1:30 pm
- via Zoom
- More Info:
- More Info and to RSVP
- Postdocs and Graduate Students
- Educational Affairs
Do you have a big idea? You don't have to wait for a company to hire you. Many PhD-holders start their own companies or found a non-profit. The world of freelance and entrepeneurship can be a way to bring your expertise to the world.
We will start with a panel-style conversation with the panelists about their work, their paths from the PhD into their current positions, and their advice for you. There will be plenty of time for you to ask questions. We will also divide into breakout rooms, so that you can have more in depth conversations with individual panelists.
This panel is part of the “PhD Pathways” series which grew out of our successful day-long PhD Pathways conference held annually. Each panel features people who work in a particular industry sector. The panelists represent a variety of disciplines of origin. They work in different roles and for different employers. PhD Pathways panels are one way to explore the range of options open to PhD-holders like you.
In the summer of 2020, there are four PhD Pathways panels scheduled:
• Research Roles Beyond Academic for those in STEM, July 15, 12-1:30 pm
• Research Roles Beyond Academic for those in Humanities and Social Sciences, July 24, 12-1:30 pm
• Educational Technology, August 4, 12-1:30 pm
• Freelance and Entrepreneurship, August 12, 12-1:30 pm