BEAM PhD Pathways Panel: Research Roles Beyond Academia for those in STEM (PhD & Postdocs)
- Wednesday, July 15th 2020 12:00 pm - 1:30 pm
- via Zoom
- More Info:
- More Info and to RSVP
- Postdocs and Graduate Students
- Educational Affairs
Love doing research, but want to move beyond academia? There are many research roles for PhDs in industry, government and non-profits. This event will introduce you to people who have successfully made this transition. We have assembled a panel of PhD-holders with STEM degrees who are working in research roles in a variety of settings.
We will start with a panel-style conversation with the panelists about their work, their paths from the PhD into their current positions, and their advice for you. There will be plenty of time for you to ask questions. We will also divide into breakout rooms, so that you can have more in depth conversations with individual panelists.
This panel is part of the “PhD Pathways” series which grew out of our successful day-long PhD Pathways conference held annually. Each panel features people who work in a particular industry sector. The panelists represent a variety of disciplines of origin. They work in different roles and for different employers. PhD Pathways panels are one way to explore the range of options open to PhD-holders like you.
In the summer of 2020, there are four PhD Pathways panels scheduled:
• Research Roles Beyond Academic for those in STEM, July 15, 12-1:30 pm
• Research Roles Beyond Academic for those in Humanities and Social Sciences, July 24, 12-1:30 pm
• Educational Technology, August 4, 12-1:30 pm
• Freelance and Entrepreneurship, August 12, 12-1:30 pm