From Black Power to BLM: Reimagining Dr. King's Dream
- Thursday, Jan 21, 2021 12:00 PM
- More Info:
- From Black Power to BLM: Reimagining Dr. King's Dream
- General Public
- the Black Staff Alliance, Black Community Services Center, Diversity & Access Office, University Human Resources, Stanford Redwood City, and Office of Campus Engagement.
Join us for a virtual event in celebration of Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.
From Black Power to BLM: Reimagining Dr. King’s Dream
Thursday, January 21, 2021 12:00 – 1:30 PM PST
Program will include:
Dr. Clayborn Carson Tribute Video
Moderated panel discussion:
- Ralph Richard Banks (Jackson Eli Reynolds Professor of Law at Stanford Law School and Faculty Director of the Stanford Center for Racial Justice).
- Felicia Smith (Head of the Learning & Outreach department for Stanford Libraries and creator of exhibit titled, Say Their Names – No More Names).
- Mohammad Elmojtaba Gumma (B.A. Candidate in Human Biology, Co-President of the Black Student Union, and Co-Director of Racial Justice Associated Students of Stanford University).
Respondents to panel discussion:
- Dr. Clayborne Carson (Ronnie Lott Director of the Martin Luther King Jr. Research and Education Institute and Martin Luther King Jr. Centennial Professor of History).
- Kimya Loder (Doctoral student in Department of Sociology, Center for Comparative Studies in Race and Ethnicity Graduate Fellow, and President of Black Graduate Student Association).
Closing with a Q&A.