Create Your Professional Brand
- Monday, August 19 5-6p
- RSVP for this information
- More Info:
- More Info and to RSVP
- Postdocs and Graduate Students
- Educational Affairs
Presented by BioSci Careers; open to all
A professional brand communicates who you are professionally, the type of work you do, and the value you bring to the workplace. The skills you need to market a product are the same skills you need to represent yourself professionally throughout your career. In this workshop you’ll learn how to:
- Talk about your best accomplishments without sounding like you’re bragging.
- Develop your memorable elevator pitch when speaking to recruiters and hiring managers.
- Create and communicate a unique story about you.
Jessica Kao is a dynamic speaker who has led branding and LinkedIn workshops for BioSci Careers. She graduated from the Stanford Cancer Biology PhD program, went on to work for Thermofisher as a Field Application Scientist, and later transitioned to marketing roles. Since then she has worked at biotech and software tech companies in the Bay Area. Now she is a digital marketing consultant helping others with data analytics.