Designing the Professional Mini Workshop: Ideate and Prototype Your Career: Application Deadline
- SUNDAY, FEBRUARY 17, 2019
- More Info:
- For more info and to RSVP
- Graduate Students
- Educational Affairs
In this highly interactive, two-session workshop, you will apply the innovation principles of design thinking to the "wicked problem" of designing your life and vocation in and beyond Stanford. This workshop offers you the opportunity to approach these lifelong questions with a structured framework and work out your ideas in conversation with your graduate peers. It is especially useful for students who are just beginning their career exploration or would like structured space to reflect on their interests.
Designing the Professional Mini Workshop: Ideate and Prototype Your Career will take place on two consecutive Mondays: Feb. 25 and Mar. 4 from 4:30 – 7:30 PM. Due to the workshop's limited size and interactive format, full participation in both sessions is required.
By participating fully in this program, you will:
- use design thinking and self-reflection to plot a pathway toward professional and personal success
- evaluate different career domains or "prototypes" and investigate alternatives
- gain insight into your beliefs about passion, interest, and opportunity, as well as your strengths and goals
- draft three plans for the balance of your graduate work and the first season of your professional life following Stanford
- develop a community of peers from many disciplines and backgrounds by sharing your experiences and perspectives
This event offers two deeply-engaging sessions in which you’ll reflect, make meaning, plan, and design a pathway to success in your life and future work. You and your peers will gain practical skills, get to know yourselves, and make connections, too!
Open and relevant to graduate students at any stage in any discipline or degree. Space is limited. Due to the workshop's interactive format, participation in the entire session is required.
If you are accepted to this workshop you must confirm your place by submitting a Student Participation Fee Agreement, which authorizes VPGE to charge $50 to your Stanford bill – only if you do not fully participate in the event. You will receive a link to the Agreement and instructions if you are offered a place.