Energy Seminar: Chevron Climate Change Resilience: Advancing a Lower-Carbon Future
- Monday, Apr 19, 2021 4:00 PM
- Register at https://us02web.zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_-TKw3HiXQDGs0chBLqh2Kg
- More Info:
- Energy Seminar: Chevron Climate Change Resilience: Advancing a Lower-Carbon Fut…
- General Public
- Precourt Institute for Energy
Affordable, reliable, ever-cleaner energy is essential to achieve a more prosperous and sustainable world. Reducing the carbon intensity of the energy that billions of people rely on every day is a tremendous opportunity to advance the global net zero ambitions of the Paris Agreement. At Chevron, we use our unique capabilities, assets and expertise to deliver progress toward the global net zero ambitions of the Paris agreement. Our approach focuses on actions and investments in three core action areas that can deliver measurable progress for today and the future. These actions will make energy and global supply chains more sustainable – helping industries and customers that use our products build the lower carbon world we all desire. We will:
1. Lower carbon intensity cost efficiently.
2. Increase renewables and offsets in support of our business.
3. Invest in low-carbon technologies to enable commercial solutions.
In this webinar, Julie Mulkerin Ortiz will discuss the actions Chevron is taking to advance a lower carbon future.
Julie Mulkerin Ortiz is the General Manager of Energy Transitions Strategy & Planning team at Chevron and is based in the Bay Area in California. She leads a team in setting external and internal incentives for driving a lower carbon future, like climate policy and GHG targets, and also on external disclosures on energy transition topics, like TCFD-aligned Climate Resilience Reports.
Julie joined Chevron in 2008 after completing her MBA at the University of Southern California and working in trading and for the government. She earned her BA in Spanish at UC Davis.
Free and open to all.