ERE PhD Defense: Gregory Von Wald
- Tuesday, Jul 27, 2021 8:30 AM
- Faculty/Staff, Students, Alumni/Friends
- Energy Resources Engineering
Title: Investigations in Emissions-Constrained, Integrated Gas-Electric Energy Systems
Date: Tuesday, July 127th at 8:30 AM PT
Natural gas and electric power energy infrastructures are increasingly integrated in transition to net-zero emissions energy systems.
- New techniques are required for integrated system planning of integrated gas-electric systems to endogenously evaluate crosssector opportunities and challenges.
- Industrial natural gas demands remain difficult to decarbonize, requiring novel
carbon capture and utilization techniques.
- Accounting for greenhouse gas emissions liabilities in interconnected energy systems presents an interdisciplinary engineering and policy challenge.