Haas: Community Partner Perspectives on Community-Engaged Research
- Thurs., May 20 | 11:30am – 1:00 pm PST
- via Zoom
- More Info:
- Postdocs and Graduate Students
- Educational Affairs
This workshop series is designed for Stanford graduate students to learn about and develop skills in community-engaged scholarship and community-based research. Speakers include leaders and practitioners across disciplinary fields.
Join us for a conversation with community partners about their experiences working with researchers conducting community-engaged research. Get the inside scoop on the benefits and challenges of such partnerships from community partners' perspectives so you can mitigate these challenges in your own work!
Some questions we will aim to answer include:
- What are common challenges faced by researchers and community partners in such collaborations and how did you overcome them?
- What advice do you have for researchers wanting to work with community organizations?
- What are some rookie mistakes all researchers should avoid?