Leonardo Art Science Evening Rendezvous October 2019
- Thursday, Oct 10, 2019 7:00 PM
- Stanford University, Li Ka Shing Building, Room 130
- More Info:
- Leonardo Art Science Evening Rendezvous October 2019
- General Public
- School of Humanities and Sciences, Office of Science Outreach, Chemical Engineering, Continuing Studies, Office of the Dean, School of Medicine, Dean of Research, School of Earth, Energy & Environmental Sciences
The LASERs are a national program of evening gatherings that bring artists and scientists together for informal presentations and conversation with an audience. This event will present artists, scientists, thinkers, inventors, and scholars who are working on paradigm shifts. The schedule also allows time for the audience to socialize and encourages people in the audience to briefly introduce their own work. Chaired by Piero Scaruffi.
- Irving Weissman (Stanford Institute for Stem Cell Biology and Regenerative Medicine) on "How normal stem cells regenerate the body but sometimes lead to cancer"
- James Ferrell (Stanford/ Systems Biology) on "Can Living Cells Assemble Themselves?"
- Yoon Chung Han (SJSU) on "Biometric Data Arts using Fingerprint and Iris Data"
- Aja Duniven (Animate) on "Gamification of Altruistic Action: Gamifying nonprofit outreach for greater impact"
PARKING: Parking is available in the structure on the corner of Campus Drive West and Roth Way. (Stanford Map)
ADMISSION INFO: LASER events are free and open to the public.