Martial Arts of the Mind for Postdocs (OPA)
- Thursday, October 10, 9:00am-12:30pm
- Clark S361
- More Info:
- More Info and to RSVP
- Educational Affairs
Martial Arts for the Mind - Stress & Resilience Skills
Gain clarity of mind and an increased capacity to meet and overcome life's challenges.
This training provides both physical and cognitive techniques to overcome the negative impacts of stress, and to increase our capacity to bounce back from adversity.
Navy Seals use these techniques to calm intense fear before combat. Actors and athletes use them to enhance performance under pressure.
Learn how to stop the stress response before it arises, and to find effective ways to release it, once present. You'll learn how to:
- Understand and communicate more sensitively with people, without denying or sacrificing your own feelings
- Manage challenging work situations with greater calm and clarity of mind
- Release stress with clinically-proven relaxation, breathing, and meditation techniques that can be done in just a few moments
- Achieve significant relief from chronic pain, insomnia, and high blood pressure
- Increase the ability to focus amidst 24/7 hyperconnectivity and distractions
About the presenters
David and Karen Gamow are two of the leading stress and meditation trainers in the U.S. today. Their clients include Stanford, UCSF, University of Texas, the U.S. Navy, Army, Department of Justice, National Park Service, Citrix, CBS, United Nations, and GE Healthcare. For years their training has been an integral part of leadership training intensives for GE, NASA, and the Social Security Administration. Authors of Freedom from Stress, their work has been featured in Investor’s Business Daily, Gannet News, and Money Magazine. More info: www.clarityseminars.com