OPA Resilience: Adapting to COVID-19
- Wednesday, May 27, 9:00am-12:00pm
- via zoom
- More Info:
- For more info and to RSVP
- Postdocs, Graduate Students
- Educational Affairs
Stanford postdocs and graduate students are faced with many demands and stressors as we try to adapt to this shifting "new abnormal" during the COVID-19 pandemic.
It’s not easy, given the intense personal and professional demands. Yet, during these difficult and perhaps distressing circumstances, we can experience greater calmness, concentration and a deeper sense of well-being.
In this session, we will explore how to strengthen our peace of mind, work productivity, and focus. Greater fulfillment may be within reach, even during COVID-19.
- Describe attributes of resilience.
- Understand basic emotional regulation theories to help restore your sense of vitality for your greatest benefit.
- Identify at least three personal “take-home” strategies to help you adapt and tackle real life problems when facing adversity, especially during this pandemic.