Postdoc Pedagogy Journal Club: If, When and How to use Presentation Software in Education
- JUNE 18, 2019 - 1:00PM TO 2:00PM
- MSOB x140
- More Info:
- For more info and to RSVP
- Educational Affairs
The goals of this monthly, cross-field Journal Club are threefold:
- to explore various topics around teaching methods and pedagogical theory;
- to engage in cross-field discussion about enhancing our teaching practice, approach, and philosophy;
- to foster a community of postdocs with shared interest in teaching and learning.
In addition there is an email list for postdocs interested in teaching training and opportunities, including the Pedagogy Journal Club, which you can subscribe to here.
- The Pedagogy Journal Club is for postdocs of all disciplines.
- Participation is limited; registration is required.
- Lunch will be provided.
AMANDA JONSSON, MATERIALS SCIENCE AND ENGINEERING
Topic: If, When and How to use Presentation Software in Education
(2004). PowerPoint in the Classroom. Cell Biology Education,3(3); pp. 155–161. doi:10.1187/cbe.04-06-0045 -- LINK
Felder, R. M., & Brent, R. (2005). Death by PowerPoint. Chemical Engineering Education,39(1); pp. 28-29. -- LINK
Szabo, A., & Hastings, N. (2000). Using IT in the undergraduate classroom: should we replace the blackboard with PowerPoint? Computers & Education,35(3); pp. 175-187. doi:10.1016/S0360-1315(00)00030-0 -- LINK
Jones, A. M. (2003). The use and abuse of PowerPoint in Teaching and Learning in the Life Sciences: A Personal Overview. Bioscience Education,2(1); pp. 1-13. doi: 10.3108/beej.2003.02000004 -- LINK