Tech Training: Art and Science of Data Management
- THURSDAY, JULY 16, 2020 - 9:00AM TO 12:00PM
- via Zoom
- More Info:
- More Info and to RSVP
- Postdocs and Graduate Students
- Educational Affairs
VPGE is partnering with University IT to bring virtual, professional instructor-led technology trainings to graduate students and postdoctoral scholars. Take advantage of these free virtual classes to learn and practice applying these technologies to your research, career planning, summer project or internship - or just to your life! Add these trainings to your resume or CV to help demonstrate your transferable skills.
This course will expose you to the practices that allow you to get the most value from your data. Good data management is necessary to find the delicate balance between data enablement and data security and privacy.
During this course, you will have the opportunity to:
- Identify the guiding principles for data management.
- Clarify the scope and boundaries of data management.
- Understand standard terms and their meanings for data management areas, including deliverables and roles.
- Help data stewards and data management professionals understand their roles and responsibilities.
- Understand how to assess data management effectiveness and maturity.
- Understand the range & types of metadata that make your data more valuable (useful).
- Identify best practices for identifying, managing and sharing reference data.
- Apply data cleansing and standardization to improve data quality.
In advance of each session, UIT Tech Training will provide you with a Zoom link to your class, along with any required class materials.