Everyone is welcome at the farm
There is no better way to get to know the farm than to pitch in.
Each volunteering individual must register in advanced as well as fill out the required waiver and health attestation linked below. If you an individual or group of 5 or less join us during our regular volunteer hours, REGISTRATION IS REQUIRED:
- Wednesdays 9:00am - 12:00am
- Saturdays 9:30am - 11:30am
Should you have a group of 5 or more interested in volunteering we ask you to contact our program's coordinator at least two weeks prior to the date on which you would like to volunteer. We can not accommodate groups of 5 or more during our regular volunteer sessions and require groups to schedule a separate time during the week.
All volunteers must be at least 10 years old and those between the ages of 10-14 years old must have an adult guardian actively volunteering alongside them. Both parties must register before hand.
Volunteers help keep the farm running. Wednesday mornings we harvest fresh produce for campus dining halls. Farm tasks on other days may include keeping our fields free of weeds and rocks, planting new crop rotations, deadheading flowers, teaming up on irrigation, composting, mulching, and having a great time getting dirty. We ask that volunteers come prepared with close-toed shoes and clothes you don't mind getting dirty! We have gloves and tools for all.
TO REGISTER TO VOLUNTEER PLEASE FOLLOW THIS LINK. REGISTRATION IS REQUIRED FOR EACH INDIVIDUAL VOLUNTEER SHIFT.
COVID-19 Guidance for Volunteers:
- If presenting COVID-19 symptoms, please DO NOT enter the Farm
- While we are taking measures to enhance the safety of our patrons and employees, an inherent risk of exposure to and infection with COVID-19 exists in any public place where people are present, and a visit to a Stanford Educational Farm may still pose a risk to your safety. By visiting The Stanford Educational Farm, you voluntarily assume all risks related to exposure of COVID-19.
- Volunteers need to complete the Stanford Visitor: Daily COVID-19 Health Attestation. Copies of the completed attestation will be sent to the volunteer and the Farm contact.
- Volunteers planning a regular presence are required to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19.
- If a volunteer tests positive for COVID-19, within 10 days of being onsite, they must complete the General COVID-19 Case Reporting Form.
- Volunteers coming to a Stanford campus from outside of California must meet one of the following criteria: 1) be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, 2) receive a negative COVID-19 test within 72 hours prior to arrival onsite, or 3) remain off campus for minimum of 10 days and within the state prior to arrival onsite.
- Masks are not required for those who have been fully vaccinated. If you are not vaccinated we require that you continue to wear a mask when on site.
ALL VOLUNTEERS MUST COMPLETE A WAIVER AND THE COVID-19 ATTESTATION UPON ARRIVAL.